Saturday, June 6, 2009

Meet Me Downtown Pictures

See? I told you I'd post pics!


Here's me and Teresa (Lil' T)- she was a mentor for my PF Chang's season. We're wearing matching Fleet Feet shirts, too! So....she ran 10 miles that morning (the race was at night) and she still managed to kick my butt. She makes running seem so effortless.
Notice that my arm is sparkly? That's compliments of......(see below)

My beloved Mashed Potato Queens (not to be confused with the Sweet Potato Queens)- they showed up in full regalia to support the race's cause (to bring business into downtown and support the Fox Theater). Plenty of glitter was shared.....and they wear shirts that say "Distill my beating heart". I've known them for years, and work out with several of them at my gym.


Todd took this photo (he's getting really good at this!) I love it because my form has improved so much (it's not perfect) and I really look like a runner!


The finish line went underneath a footbridge and Todd was waiting for me- I was seriously sprinting against the clock......

There I am trying to beat the clock! ARGH, I wanted to beat 29 so badly! Oh well, maybe next year. :) (I'm right below the N in "FINISH")

Overall, it was a great time. I can't wait to do it next year!










1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

Nice pictures! Looking good! Love the "queens".