Sunday, June 14, 2009

6 Miles

Yesterday's run was interesting. I ran the entire six miles and only walked once about one mile into it so I could stretch out a little bit. The rest of the run I just felt like I was fighting it and really struggling to keep my pace and not just totally crap out.

It went quicker than I thought it would, and was greeted with a cold washcloth (whoever started doing that for the team, you have my eternal gratitude). I hit Trader Joe's on the way home and it was all I could do to not fall asleep on the way home- I was SO TIRED! I came home to surf our new cable channels (yes, we waited until the last minute to ditch our rabbit ears) and fell asleep for a few hours!

The interesting thing? When I downloaded my run and looked at my pace, I was only 14 seconds/mile behind last weeks' run (the run where I felt like a total badass). So I guess I wasn't going quite as slow as I felt....

I woke up early this morning and wrote my weekly mentor email and caught up on some other business (like watching the NASCAR race- pretty exciting!!). And wouldn't you know it, I fell asleep on the couch AGAIN (while watching Mythbusters of all things).

I have no idea why I'm so tired, but this napping thing is unusual for me.

Maybe next week will be a bit better. Call me sick, but I look forward to the longer miles. Next week is 8 and I'm eager to see what I can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just put your $$ over 50%! lol! Keep up the good work!

:o) Beckie