Friday, April 9, 2010

Something really cool just happened

So, last week, I sent out a fundraising email to kickstart my San Diego campain (annnd, that's 8 weeks until race day, but in my defense, I just finished fundraising for the Arizona Distance Classic!).....

....and fellow teammates, you know those emails....those ones that say "Donation Notification"?  And you get one and your hear flutters and you feel like the most loved person on earth?  Or, in my case my phone goes blingblongbleep and I check the message and there's one of those emails??  Yeah, those ones.

So...I didn't get any of those emails....and I had such a busy week at work that I didn't bother going to my fundraising webpage to check my progress.  It was kind of in the back of my head that maybe my email was too pushy or people were rolling their eyes saying "AGAIN?  Doesn't she ever stop?"

I just logged onto my page and almost peed my pants when I saw that there was already $160 in my account.  From where??!  Turns out people had been donating the whole time, there was just some glitch on my page (I'll figure it out eventually) and I was never notified. 

Again, I am so touched by the generosity of my friends and family.  Annnnd, if you donated, your thank-you note might be a bit late.  :) 

So with a wonderful surprise donation total, I am excited to kickstart my fundraising for the San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon!  GO TEAM!

Tomorrow's practice run is in Sabino Canyon- I get to run 8 beautiful miles in the desert morning sun and I feel so blessed.  Happy running!

1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

Great start, Elsbeth. My teammate Lelia was telling me last night that I need to switch to San Diego. I am the only one on my team not doing that race. :(

Our fall team is doing Tour de Tucson. I need to get a bike and do that one the next time that they do! Art