Sunday, February 21, 2010

So...four months later

and there's still no Nike race update.

I'm a pretty bad blogger these days (or silent might be a better word).

I actually need to credit Nitmos at Feet Meet Street for getting me to flex my blogging muscles again. This guy is not only ridiculously fast (3:12 marathon PR), but he's really really really funny.

So, okay- here's a timeline of what's been going on.
October 18, 2009- Nike Women's Marathon. Time: 5:05:05 (I have the Tiffany's necklace to prove that I finished). Seriously, I will write a race report.

December 6, 2009- Inaugural Las Vegas Rock N' Roll Marathon. Time: 4:35:19. No, that's not a typo. Seriously, the run of my life. Holy crap.

January 2010- The month of the kitchen remodel, the entire house turns upside down, life gets really hectic.

January 30, 2010- Training with the Team begins for the Arizona Distance Classic. It's a local half marathon and TNT Alumni come together to train and we commit to raising $500. I am having so much fun with them- such a great group of people.

So here's a peek into the future. Remain seated please. Permanecer sentados por favor.

March 28- Arizona Distance Classic Half Marathon. I'd like to beat 2 hours, but with some rolling hills, this course might not lend itself to such a goal. I'll have fun trying, though. :)

April 24- Desert Dash Half Marathon. Another local half. Not sure if I'm going to sign up for this one or not......

June 6- San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon. I JUST signed up with the Team to run this one. I'm really REALLY excited. :)

October 17- Mt. Lemmon Marathon. Yes, that's 26.2 miles, UPhill. I have 10 hours to finish it. I hope that's enough time!

I don't have my San Diego website set up yet, but my ADC website is up and running!
http://pages.teamintraining.org/dm/azdist10/elsbeth

Over Christmas, my mom sent me home with her old sewing machine. Well, I shouldn't say old, but it's the one she bought in 1978 and has since replaced it. I started making some cedar-filled shoe stuffers to sell to my teammates as a fundraiser. They're great for keeping in your stinky running shoes or tossing in your gym bag to absorb odors and moisture.

So to anybody donates $25 or more and would like a pair of shoe stuffers, let me know and I'll send you a pair. I have them in Team colors and other fun patterns (like lobsters or shamrocks).

That's it for now.....now I'm off to work on my Nike race report.

It's not going to be pretty, I'm just warning you. There's a reason I've been avoiding writing about it.

1 comment:

o2bhiking said...

Hurrah! Elsbeth is back blogging and doing TNT again. Good luck. I am on summer team too. Everyone of my teammates so far is doing San Diego but I am doing Seattle. But maybe we shall meet at another race. In any event, best of luck and I look forward to your race report. Art