Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Can't even form a sentence

Work is insane for me right now and I'm so exhausted; I can feel my body going through a transition. While I'm not sore after my runs, I'm so tired, which is almost worse. When you're sore, you know it, and you're forced to move slower, but when you're tired and NOT sore, you think you're ok until you start to do something...... In my case, it was running stairs. Normally I never have a problem with them (well, they don't give me any more trouble than anyone else), but on Monday, I was halfway up my first set of 9 flights (we do this 3 times on Mondays) and my legs were totally dead, just totally screaming in protest, and it sucked. A lot.

Today's workout was a bit better, although I can notice myself not being able to go as "all out" in cardio class as I used to. It's ok, I'm not going to beat myself up over it, but it's hard to maintain that mentality when anyone who knows me fairly well will say I'm a pretty competative person.....so it's difficult to force myself to "take it easy".....

Again, not what I expected when I entered into training, and again, not a complaint, just an observation.

Tomorrow we have a clinic on running and walking basics, and I'm eager to go and get some tips.

This weekend is a 5 miler, and we're sharing the river path with the folks training for the Nike Women's Marathon. I'll make a separate post about that later (shhhhh, don't tell, but I really want to run that one too!), but check it out at this website:

http://insidenikerunning.nike.com/2008/07/29/team-in-training/

A marathon? Ok. In San Francisco? I'm listening. A Tiffany's necklace waiting for you at the finish line? Yes, please! Running it with TNT and combined with everyone else, you raise over $18 MILLION for blood cancer research and patient services?? I'm *so* in (provided I survive Phoenix!).

And on that note, it's time to watch some Michael Phelps and go to bed.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hang in there. It's all about endurance. Like in racing...sometimes you have to go slow, to go fast ;) You can do this!!

$18 million!! wowsa Of course, the Tiffany necklace would be nice to :)

Karen